Shure SLX24/Beta87A at a Glance:
- Clear transmissions
- Simple setup
- SLX2/Beta87A handheld microphone/transmitter
- SLX4 diversity receiver
The Shure SLX24/Beta87A combines an SLX2/Beta87A handheld microphone/transmitter with the Shure SLX4 diversity receiver. Great for installed sound applications and working bands, this Shure SLX wireless system offers up Shure's patented Audio Reference Companding technology along with a setup complete with automatic synchronization and support for up to 20 compatible systems (area dependent). The Shure SLX2/Beta87A, included with the SLX24/Beta87A, is a supercardioid electret condenser microphone, providing exceptional isolation from other onstage sounds. At Sweetwater, we enjoy the easy setup provided by automatic frequency scanning and transmitter setup with the SLX24/Beta87A.
The SLX sound featured with the SLX24/Beta87A is founded on Shure's patented Audio Reference Companding, a technology which brings more transmission clarity and dynamic range to wireless systems. Unlike traditional wireless companding schemes that are restricted by a fixed compression ratio, this technology utilizes a variable compression ratio. The result is the elimination of wireless artifacts during quiet passages and superior dynamic range.
On an operational level, the SLX24/Beta87A system's SLX4 receiver employs features that make setup almost effortless. Utilizing auto frequency selection and auto transmitter setup, the SLX system scans the wireless landscape and identifies a clear channel instantly. Then, guided by an infrared link , at the touch of a button, the transmitter automatically syncs with the receiver. With over 960 operating frequencies across 24MHz of UHF bandwidth, you should be able to quickly and easily set up up to 20 systems in a given location (area dependent).
SLX2/Beta87A handheld microphone/transmitter
The SLX2/Beta87A is a supercardioid electret condenser microphone that's designed to bring exceptionally clear sound plus excellent feedback rejection onstage. It features an integrated handheld transmitter, a timed backlit LCD, frequency and power lockouts, and 300′ (100m) of operating range. It also operates on two AA batteries for eight hours of continuous use.
SLX4 diversity receiver
The SLX24/Beta87A's SLX4 is a rugged metal wireless receiver that employs diversity technology to improve reception and minimize dropouts. The SLX4 is outfitted with rackmount hardware, detachable 1/4-wave antennas, a backlit LCD display, 1/4″ and XLR output connectors, frequency and power lockouts, an in-line power supply, and a rear-panel volume control. Finally, the multifunction LCD displays group, channel, frequency, transmitter battery strength, and locked/unlocked status.
SLX2/Beta87A Handheld Microphone/Transmitter Features:
- Supercardioid electret condenser
- Smooth frequency response with gradual presence rise
- Highly consistent supercardioid polar pattern provides superior gain-before-feedback
- Electronic low-frequency roll-off compensates for proximity effect
- Wide dynamic range (117dB) and low distortion characteristics
- Very low susceptibility to RFI and electromagnetic hum
- Advanced cartridge shockmount system absorbs mechanical shocks and reduces handling noise
- Built-in pop filter reduces undesirable wind and breath sounds
- Automatic transmitter setup
- Backlit LCD with timeout feature
SLX4 Receiver Features:
- Automatic frequency selection
- Automatic transmitter setup
- 960 selectable frequencies across 24MHz bandwidth
- Detachable 1/4-wave antennas
- Microprocessor-controlled diversity
- RF presence LED
- 5-segment audio meter
- Multifunction, backlit LCD
- Low battery indicator
- Frequency and power lockout
- Rugged metal chassis
- Volume control on rear of unit
- Half-rack design
- Furnished rack hardware
- Non-slip bumpers for use out of rack
- XLR and 1/4″ outputs