For more on the PreSonus R-Series Monitors, click here: http://www.presonus.com/products/R-Series-Monitors The R65 and R80 feature a custom 6.8-inch2 Air Motion Transformer (AMT) tweeter that responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies. This allows you to hear the “air” and the greater sense of space that is characteristic of audiophile recordings.
Hear the most subtle details.
The R65 features a custom 6.8-square-inch Air Motion Transformer (AMT) tweeter that responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies. This allows you to hear the "air" and the greater sense of space that is characteristic of audiophile recordings. The R65's transparent and highly accurate sound makes it ideal for use in both commercial and home recording studios as well as broadcast and post-production environments.
Superior transient response.
In order to dampen resonance peaks at higher frequencies, conventional dome tweeters are injected with fluid to raise their mass, sacrificing transient response time. By contrast, the custom-designed AMT tweeter in the R65 uses an incredibly thin, folded Kapton® membrane (< 0.01 mm) with an inlayed aluminum circuit functioning as the voice coil, allowing the tweeter to move at the same instant as the electric current. The resulting reactive response time provides marked clarity and superior transient reproduction.
Wide, consistent stereo image.
An unfolded AMT tweeter diaphragm provides 8 to 13 times the projection area of a traditional 1-inch dome tweeter, enabling R65 monitors to provide a much wider stereo sound stage than traditional designs. At the same time, the R65 provides a very limited vertical dispersion, Which helps to reduce reflections from the ceiling and desktop that can cause phase coherence issues. Because it's less subject to room-anomaly interference, the R65 reacts predictably and sounds consistent from room to room.
Components and Construction
- 2-way active AMT design provides articulate high-frequency response and wide stereo imaging
- Custom-designed, 6.8-inch, AMT ribbon tweeter responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies
- 6.5 Kevlar® LF drivers provide transparent mid- and low-frequency reproduction for clean sound and punchy bass
- Balanced XLR and 1⁄4-inch TRS plus unbalanced RCA inputs provide flexibility for seamless integration into any environment
- Acoustic Space settings (Linear, -1.5 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB) compensate for room placement
Power and Safety
- Biamped 150W RMS (LF = 100W, HF = 50W), Class D power amplifier with switching power supply
- RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, and subsonic filter protection
- Energy Conservation Mode (with enable/disable) lowers standby power to <0.5W
- External mains fuse
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
|1- Balanced XLR|
|1- Balanced 1⁄4” TRS|
|1- Unbalanced RCA|
|Frequency Response||45 Hz – 22 kHz|
|Crossover Frequency||2.7 kHz|
|LF Amplifier Power||100W Class D|
|HF Amplifier Power||50W Class D|
|Peak SPL (@ 1 meter)||104 dB|
|LF Driver||6.5” Kevlar®|
|HF Driver Type||I HAVE T|
|Diaphragm||6.8-inch2 (4,400 mm2)|
|Equiv. Diaphragm ø||3 "(75 mm)|
|Input Impedance||20 kΩ balanced, 10 kΩ unbalanced|
|SNR (typical, A-weighted)||>100 dB|
|Factory preprogrammed||100-120V ~50/60 Hz or 220-240V ~50/60 Hz|
|External mains fuse|
|Volume Range||A-type taper|
|HF Driver||Linear, +1 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB|
|Highpass filter||Linear, 60 Hz, 80 Hz, 100 Hz|
|Acoustic Space||Linear, -1.5 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB|
|Energy Conservation Mode||On/Off/Query|
|Vinyl-laminated, medium-density fiberboard|
|Width||8 "(203 mm)|
|Depth||10.3 "(261 mm)|
|Height||13 "(328 mm)|
|Weight||14.7 lbs (6.65 kg)|