A mount-mount digital large-diaphragm condenser microphone that delivers studio-quality sound quality and touch panel control for connecting to iOS, Mac, PC, and specific Android devices for home recording and video production.
Best for: vocals, digital recording
The MOTIV MV51 Digital Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone is a solution designed for high-fidelity audio capture that seamlessly integrates with iOS, Mac, PC and specific Android devices for studio-quality home recording and video production. One-inch diaphragm components provide unparalleled audio and easy monitoring with built-in headphone output. In addition, MV51 features a unique touch panel for real-time gain, mute and headphone volume control. In addition, five built-in DSP modes optimize high-quality recording settings for vocals and instruments, and provide clear audio for video production. A striking classic design and rugged all-metal construction with integrated back threaded bracket for use with any standard mic stand provides a portable audio solution with no impact on sound quality.
- With Apple MFi (for iPhone, iPod, iPad) authentication, you can connect directly to any iOS device without the need for additional adapters or connectivity kits.
- Compatible with Android devices that support USB Audio Class 2.0 and Micro-B OTG (On-The-Go) connections. Not compatible with all Android devices.
- Five DSP preset modes (speech, singing, straight, acoustic instruments, instrument speakers)
- Automatically adjust gain, equalize, compress and limit for better sound
- Front panel touch for mode selection, headphone volume, microphone gain and mute
- Built-in headphone output for real-time monitoring
- 1-inch (25 mm) microphone diaphragm components deliver superb sound quality
- Integrated back stand for optimal positioning on any desktop
- Equipped with 5/8 inch standard thread for easy mounting on any microphone stand
- Comes with 1 Micro-B to USB cable and 1 Micro-B to Lightning® cable
- Full metal construction, retro design
Windows: Windows 7, Windows 8; minimum 64 MB RAM; USB 2.0
Macintosh: OSX Lion 10.7, OSX Mountain Lion 10.8, OSX Mavericks 10.9, OSX Yosemite 10.10; at least 64 MB of RAM; USB 2.0; iOS 7.0 or later; iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus ; IPod touch 5th generation; iPad 4th generation, iPad Air, iPad Air 2; iPad Mini 1st generation, iPad Mini 2nd generation, iPad Mini 3rd generation MOTIV™ digital microphones and recording solutions compatible with USB Audio Class 2.0 and Micro-B OTG (On-The-Go) connected Android device.Not compatible with all Android devices.Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
More technical specifications
|DSP mode (default)||Speech/singing/straight/acoustic instrument/music instrument speaker|
|類型||Electret capacitor, 1 inch (25 mm)|
|Pickup mode||One-way (heart shape)|
|Analog to digital converter||Highest 24 bit / 48 kHz|
|Frequency response||20 Hz to 20,000 Hz|
|Adjustable gain range||0 to +36 dB|
|SensitivityIn the lowest gain and flat mode||-39 dBFS/Pa (1 kHz)
1 Pa=94 SPL
|Maximum sound pressure levelIn the lowest gain and flat mode||130 dB SPL|
|Headphone output||3.5 mm (1/8 inches)|
|Power requirement||Powered by USB or Lightning interface|
|Mute the microphone||Be|
|Mounting frame||Built in|
|Bracket adapter||5/8 inch 27 threaded base (standard microphone mount)|
|shell||All metal construction|
|net weight||575 g|
|Size||128 × 86 × 70 mm (height x width x depth)|
|Cable||1 meter Micro-B to USB cable, 1 meter Micro-B to Lightning cable|
The MOTIV MV51 Digital Large-Diaphragm condenser microphone is specifically engineered for high fidelity audio capture, seamlessly integrating via iOS, Mac, PC and select Android device to provide studio-quality home recording and video production. The 1 inch capsule element provides unmatched audio results , which are easily monitored in real-time via the built in headphone output. Additionally, the MV51 utilizes a unique onboard touch panel for real-time access to gain, mute and headphone volume controls. Additionally, five onboard DSP modes optimize settings for high -quality recording of vocals and instruments, as well as clean and clear audio for video production. The striking vintage design and durable all-metal construction includes an integrated rear kickstand threaded to work with any standard mic stand for a portable audio solution where convenience is Required without sacrificing quality.
|MV51-A||Microphone, one (1) MicroB-to-USB cable and one (1) MicroB-to-Lightning cable|
|MV51-CHN||Microphone, one (1) MicroB-to-USB cable and one (1) MicroB-to-Lightning cable|
- Apple MFi (Made for iPhone/iPod/iPad) Certified for direct connection to any iOS device without the need for any additional adapters or connection kits.
- Compatible with Android devices that support USB Audio Class 2.0 and Micro-B OTG (On-The-Go) connectivity. Not all Android devices are compatible.
- 5 DSP Preset Modes (Speech, Singing, Flat, Acoustic Instrument, Loud)
- Automatically adjusts Gain, EQ, Compression And Limiting for polished results
- Front Panel Touch Controls for mode selection, headphone volume, microphone gain, and mute
- Built In Headphone Output for real-time monitoring
- 1” (25mm) Microphone Capsule Element provides best-in-class audio
- Integrated Rear Kickstand provides optimal positioning on any desktop
- Includes standard 5/8” thread to mount on any microphone stand
- Includes (1) Micro-B to USB Cable and (1) Micro-B to Lightning® Cable
- All-Metal Construction, vintage-inspired design
Windows: Windows 7, Windows 8; 64 MB minimum RAM; USB 2.0
Macintosh: OSX Lion 10.7, OSX Mountain Lion 10.8, OSX Mavericks 10.9, OSX Yosemite 10.10; 64 MB minimum RAM; USB 2.0 iOS 7.0 and higher: iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus; iPod touch 5th Generation; iPad 4th generation, iPad Air, iPad Air 2; iPad Mini 1st generation, iPad Mini 2nd generation, iPad Mini 3rd Generation
MOTIV™ Digital Microphones and Recording Solutions are compatible with Android devices that support USB Audio Class 2.0 and Micro-B OTG (On-The-Go) connectivity. Not all Android devices are compatible. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Further Technical Specs
|DSP Modes (Presets)||Speech/Singing/Acoustic/Loud/Flat|
|Type||Electret condenser, 1-inch (25 mm)|
|A/D Converter||Up to 24-bit/48 kHz|
|Adjustable Gain Range||0 to +36 dB|
at Minimum Gain, Flat Mode
|130 dB SPL|
|Headphone Output||3.5 mm (1/8″)|
|Power Requirements||Powered through USB or Lightning connector|
|Stand adapter||5/8″, 27-thread (standard microphone stand mount)|
|Dimensions||128 × 86 × 70 mm H × W × D|
Comparison of other Shure MOTIV series products